Friday, October 17, 2008

THFP!





Thank Heavens For Preschool!
I was very undecided about whether to send Jesse to preschool this fall. However, one bad Monday later, I dialed my helpline - teacher Bev at Nosworthy's Nursery School. Abbey spent one idyllic semester there last year, and it turns out Jesse followed right along in her footsteps. He loves it in a big way - it seems like he's been there forever already. It's the nicest place to be, and the teachers are wonderful. The kids have opportunity to explore and do a lot of different things in their time there. Best of all, there is no academic pressure...they learn so much without even realizing it. There are so many families of diverse origins and backgrounds. It is always interesting to talk to parents there. Many of the children are being raised bilingually and happen to end up there, so we fit right in! After Abbey started there last semester, I mentioned it to my mother-in-law, and it turns out that Brandon went there when he was a 2/3 year old. If you are in need of a preschool...check it out, it's wonderful. I just re-read what I wrote, and it sounds a little like an advertisement...I can assure you it's not. I've just been thinking about how great it's been for our family! 

1 comment:

nates5bs said...

When I was a nanny ages ago, the boys I took care of went to Mrs. Noseworthy's (did I spell that right?). It is a one of a kind preschool that is for sure. Every kid should have the chance to play there! I wasn't sure if it was still in existence since she was so old when we were there. Glad to know it is still touching lives.