Monday, October 20, 2008

How full can each day be?





I am so tired. It's 10 pm and I should be in bed, but I am relishing the peace in my house. Everyone is asleep and peace prevails. I want peace to prevail all of the time, and I really do limit our activities. However, the last few days have been bone-tiring full. From one event to the next...or just one event to home. It doesn't seem to matter. My house is tired even. There are crayons, pillows, backpacks, baby toys, furniture strewn all over the living room floor as I type...and I am not even going to do anything about it. I could tell you the story of why each thing is where it is, but I am just going to rest in the fact that my life is full to the brim, and I am blessed. I have 5 people to love and who love me resting peacefully, contented for now, resting up for what tomorrow shall bring. What will tomorrow be like? Will Maggie get her naps? Will we get up in time to get to school on time? Will Brandon feel better? Will I figure out how to get Susannah and Abbey to 2 different places at the same time? Will there be a pee accident at preschool...will he be scared of the fire engine? Only One knows the answer to these questions. But I will go to bed (really) tired, but thankful and blessed.

1 comment:

Melissa Ens said...

Ahhh... I had a bit of that last night after all mine were in bed sleeping. Glad you soaked in your quiet moments. They are much harder to come by these days, aren't they! But I guess that makes them all the more priceless when they show up!