Saturday, November 22, 2008

Moving forward!





One of my least favorite stages of a baby's life is crawling backward. I know, it's foundational and important, but it is frustrating for me to watch. Who wants to go backwards. I am not a big fan of moving backwards. Maggie has been crawling backwards for a few weeks (although it seemed like years) and is now finally moving forwards. She "army crawls" mostly, but is taking 3 or 4 crawls forward on her hands and knees! She can also sit back up from crawling and has been practicing that for a while. Yeay! This is much earlier than any of the other kids; she is very focused and determined. We had a couple days of terrible sleep...but are back to being much happier in that area too. Our life is moving forward. It's especially fun this time because we are not going to be going back to the start in less than 2 years and do the dance all over again. We are all growing up, even me! I can look back and see how I was at this stage with each of the other children and see how much I have changed. I am relishing the new-ness of being "done" with the baby stage and not having to dread it. I do know, however, that there will be new challenges along the way...different ones. We are moving forward.
Speaking of moving forward, Jesse and Abbey are in a new phase of being best buddies. They are sharing a room right now, and have been for a year or so. Recently they have started to disappear into their room at any opportunity and play with "Little People" and Barbies, make clubhouses, and all assundry of other schemes I am sure. Last night they wanted to sleep on the floor together. I had my doubts, but they did fall asleep. I snuck in and took a picture. They are so cute. I'm guessing this won't last too long, but it is so cute to see such a team right now! 

No comments: