Tuesday, March 10, 2009

wisdom for the day

I don't regularly frequent coffee joints, but enjoy some hot chocolate now and again. Today, I noticed "the way I see it" on the cup and had to share. I love it.

"The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyrrany of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life."

How apt the advice is for so many areas of life. I find the kids can sense when I haven't "committed" to whatever I am saying. I am saying it but they can sense I am still internally arguing with myself. Mostly, I am posting it on here so I don't have to keep a moldy cup or keep track of a little piece of paper, but I hope you can glean something from it too. 

1 comment:

Juelle said...

Love it!
Love you!