Thursday, September 18, 2008

My boy


I grew up in a family of girls, went to all girls schools, etc. etc. I wasn't too sure about having a boy. I guess I am not much more sure now, but I've had one for almost 3 years now, and he makes me laugh every day. He loves to go to the zoo, he loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, he loves his sisters, and snuggling with his mom. He loves playing frisbee and ball with Grandpa especially. The moon is a must-see every night with him. He is so independent and sure that he is 5 or 6...he learned to swim by himself this summer and goes all over the pool. He just started pre-school and Cubbies, and loves that. He has a very dry sense of humor. He makes me look at life outside of myself with a new lens. When I picked him up from pre-school on Tuesday he gave me the painting that he did. As I have with the girls, I asked him to tell me about his painting. With the girls I would get elaborate stories that would involve hand movements, facial expressions etc. However, he stated, "I painted it!" Ok, I guess that was an appropriate answer. It made me laugh. 

No comments: