Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Women to learn from


The end of the school year is always an emotional time for me. I know, I don't even go to school anymore. But good byes are hard for me. I've said so many permanent ones: to the land I grew up in, to my grandparents every other summer before I travelled back across the Atlantic; to the my childhood friends. This year was particularly hard for me. Not really sure why. I do love my kids getting older and more independent, but there is a part of their childhood that I say good bye to with each school year ending. They had wonderful teachers this year. I would count each of those women as wonderful teachers, and also friends. Not only have their teachers poured into the lives of Susannah, Abbey and Jess. I feel they have poured into mine with their wisdom, style, and their presence.


Jesse with his preschool teachers


Abbey and her first grade teacher


Susannah and her 3rd grade teacher


No comments: