Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Christmas Update!

Seasons are changing. This time of year I feel like Thanksgiving is hardly over and Christmas is in full swing. The weather turns from semi-warm to California cold in the space of a couple of days. Sometimes the seasons change gradually, and other times all at once. I’m holding on to thanksgiving as we anticipate Christmas this year. We have much to be thankful for.

Some of the the seasons that have / are changing for us this year include:

A new home, with lots of space inside and out. Perfect for our famiy to grow up in.

No more babies on the way. We are loving concentrating on watching the children grow up before our very eyes. Brandon pointed out that I have said that about every one of them this week. And it’s true!

Next week Brandon and I will finish our first decade of being married, and embark on a new one. We have grown together in so many ways in these first 10 years together and are excited to see what is in store in the years to come.

As for the rest of the updates:

Brandon is still at Sanger High School teaching the same class. He still enjoys volleyball, fantasy football, working on the house. This year he has become more involved in teaching at church on Sunday and mid-week.

I am seeking direction as to what I will be doing in the coming years, as I will have the majority of my kids in school. The kids and house is where I spend much of my energy, but still enjoy my work with pregnant mamas, sewing, decorating and reading.

At Thanksgiving each of the kids each wrote a list of what they are thankful for. I will share them here...they tell themselves well:

Susannah (8 in 3rd grade): God, family, friends, birthday, Christmas, vacations, clothes, autumn and seasons, bed, legs, being alive, grandparents, aunts, cousins, fun things, painting, school, teachers, money, food. I’m glad to be 8.

Abigael (6.5 in 1st grade): I’m thankful for my family, God and Jesus, brother, sisters, class, mama and daddy.

Jesse (newly 4): Jesus, this castle, my mama and daddy, my toes, babies, everything, food and eating, playing games, my sisters, playing soccer, my preschool, turning 4, outer space.

Maggie (20 months - mama and Susannah’s opinion of what Maggie is thankful for): Jesus, family, Susannah, words, baby, nursing, balloons, the learning tower, showers, balloons, markers and music class.

We are very thankful for you, our family and friends. We look forward to connecting with you more in the coming year. May you experience the peace and hope that Christmas brings in the coming year.

1 comment:

aaron♥michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! :) Thanks for posting - it's so good to hear how you're all doing. I absolutely LOVE the new family pictures!!! Too fun! :) Hope you guys have a joy-filled Christmas.