Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving the right direction

We've been moved for a week and a half now. Brandon's dad and step-mom have been her almost every day working on the walls, or other projects. We are so thankful for all the help we have had in getting to this point. Today the painters finished the painting that had to be suspended due to all the demolition of bathrooms/walls that was happening when they first came almost 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow we will get the settlement check, and we get carpet on Wednesday. I have never been so excited about carpet in my life! Yay! We've been keeping busy outside of the unpacking going on at home. Last week Susannah had "drum camp" which meant we were a 4 person taxi service, and this week is Vacation Bible Blast. We did squeeze in a trip to the zoo, Jesse's soccer, Abbey's gymnastics and my sewing day at church. This weekend is a wedding in the San Luis Obispo area...the big girls are going to be flower girls. Next week, God willing, should be our first taste of normalcy - guess not having places to be isn't really normal. But I am looking forward to it nonetheless. Getting 5 people out the door everyday really does get old sometimes. The pictures are of our adventures, including the pictures of Jesse and Maggie standing on the (approximate) spot of their birth at our "0ld" Pico house! 


"this is where I was born"
"this is the house I was born in"
Susannah and her friend Ella playing at their "drum camp" concert


"this is where I was born"
"this is the house I was born at..."
Abbey with my very most favorite Kindergarten teacher ever...we feel so blessed to have started off our school experience with this treasure.
Susannah and some of her best friends at school
Happy un-Birthday Abbey! Joining the likes of her mama, never to get to celebrate birthday at school. She doesn't look too sad does she!
My other "Bills guy!"
Susannah received this certificate of achievement in all academic areas. She also received her perfect attendance certificate - for the whole year. What a healthy (and eager) girl she is!
I love this picture...
the house...with the walls gone on the bottom of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a walk-in closet
here's the culprit. It looks beautiful now complete with the fence

4 comments:

Big Sister said...

Hello! I love your pictures! :)

Kathy said...

Hi Sarah. Glad I stumbled onto your blog from facebook. Love the pictures of the kids and the new place. This will be a neat way to keep up with your family happenings.

Shelly S said...

Such a great idea to take pictures of the little ones in the house and at their "spot!"
I'm terrible (or great?) with sentimental stuff like that. I still am sad about the huge walnut tree I used to climb...it got cut down before I got to say goodbye!
Glad that amidst the busy stuff you're processing feelings about moving, too.

Laura said...

love the pictures, great update, I hope things slow down and you enjoy the rest of your summer with stuff like sleeping in, swimming, and watermelon, lots of watermelon