Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Beach








I must have realized that it was a "break," because I have been falling apart in different ways. One sure way to get things in perspective for me is to drive away. It doesn't even need to be far, but out of the city is best! The beach really is my happy place, but it's not all that happy to get one hotel room for the 6 of us. Never ends up being very relaxing. So we solved the problem by going for the day. It was such a great day. The beach was a little overcast, but sunny. The kids played and explored and were fascinated with all kinds of big and little things. I layed on the blanket, took walks with the kids to the tide pools and generally let go. It was lovely to have a day away from all the "should-do's" at home. Really, we need to do this more often. 

No comments: